1.01.2009

Simple.

Tears? Yes, tears.

Sometimes the simplest things are the most satifying.
And maybe I'm a little late on the reminiscing because 2009 is here, better late than never.

I know how much I fussed over others this past year. I let so much get to me and get me down and neglected the goodies.

In a sense, I left high school with more than just my "groceries" [only HU would get it, RIP]. It was way too much social, emotional, nonsensical baggage for my hands.

And now I sit here on the verge of tears thinking about how much time I wasted. But they're happy tears. Because I'm sitting here singing alone in my room and realizing how wonderful of a feeling it is. I forgot how good ME was. How could have I neglected myself for all that time? I thought I needed people to get by and find a place. Shitt. I just need me, maynn.

Ok, now I'm not trying to be all bitter and say I don't need anyone but my damn self. But I do need me, and I guess my new-years-resolution-type-shit is to always make time for me in my busy world of everyone else.

*continues to sing*

Fin.

~Stassi X.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word?

follow me?

A Girl Named Stassi [X].

My photo
Writer. Photographer. Storyteller. Simple.

rihanna.

rihanna.

kesh.

kesh.

steph jones.

steph jones.

angela boatwright.

angela boatwright.

lady gaga.

lady gaga.

wakeema hollis.

wakeema hollis.

the obamas.

the obamas.

Followers