12.29.2008

Is it just me?

Or did I forget a major holiday just passed? Sure Hanukkah, too.

Quite frankly, as my partner in crime Sage.Blaize perfectly put it, Christmas dies with innocence. I guess mine must be 6 feet under. Or I'm shrinking and the holiday went right over my head.

Take your pick.

My family has an undying tradition where we videotape the family in the living room opening presents next to the tree on Christmas morning. That tradition is now lying down next to my innocence. Not only did the recession prevent us from having plenty of gifts under the tree, but now my younger sister is the only one the parentals have to satisfy with quantity instead of quality.

We woke up late on Christmas day, had a very Jamerican breakfast, and went back to sleep. Don't fret, we reconveined for a nice family dinner. The old times are gone.

I felt absolutely bored that day, and it's no one's fault. I wish Christmas break could mean the same thing as before college/recession.

I hope the Christmas is only on a brief hiatus instead of a full blown retirement.

That's the way I see it.

~Stassi X.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word?

follow me?

A Girl Named Stassi [X].

My photo
Writer. Photographer. Storyteller. Simple.

rihanna.

rihanna.

kesh.

kesh.

steph jones.

steph jones.

angela boatwright.

angela boatwright.

lady gaga.

lady gaga.

wakeema hollis.

wakeema hollis.

the obamas.

the obamas.

Followers